Saturday, September 18, 2004

Weekend

After the horrifying evening with my colleagues I decided to do something about my boring life. A persons heart needs something beautiful after all the French "conversations" (that I have managed to avoid in the last 19 hours. Jay!). So as they say in the best Estonian film: "Kultuur, kultuur, kultuur!". I went to the museum of modern art. It was great to see mindblowingly crazy works by Monet, Kandinsky, Picasso; different Dada installations and lots of unknown artists... Very relieving in a way, reminding me of Paris. At some point an ugly museum-guy wanted to know my phonenumber because I'm oh so jolie. That was disturbing, but I managed to get rid of the guy :)
Afterwards I decided to take advantage of the sunny warm weather and have a walk in the city. It is so unbelievably beautiful and somewhat romantic here, as the sun is reflecting on the river and making all the cute little houses look even more friendly and worm.
It so happened that I ended up in a huge store (seriously, this place is a heaven for shopping freaks!), where I found a billetery [a place where they sell tickets]. And I just didn't have the strength to walk by, I had to buy the Stranglers ticket. It was damn expensive, but oh well! Maybe I can meet some cool people at the concert ;)
Then I watched the ending of "Return Of The King" on the shop's widescreen and tried not to start crying in the middle of the store (I'm a sucker for those films :$). And finally I decided I must try to stay normal here: I went to a market and bought the cheapest beer they had. And tonight I am planning to go on town (hopefully alone) and just hang out with my beer and chill. I hope my plan won't fail because the others want to go to the cinema and see "The Terminal"... I'll let you know how it went!
So far: BrainStorm "Weekends Are Not My Happy Days"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm really thinking that You are too pessimistic.
Of course French are different people,but still.You went to France for living with them,so why do You grumble so much?You don't like expensive life?I think thats good,that they don't drink as much as Estonians,because drunk Estonians are just too awful.
You live Your life,it can be as good or as bad as You live it!
I hope You will get used with French people sooner!
Rebeka.