Friday, September 17, 2004

Tonight

We had a grand festive dinner with all the animators (the volunteers plus the permanent ones) and the school director and other important people. We drove all together outside Strasbourg to a nice "little" restaurant. There we sat, had some wine, ate Alsacian (the region of France) food and talked... Well... they talked and I listened. I understood half of what they were talking about, but that's alright with me (I'm getting quite used to not understanding). And the cool and funny colleague of mine - Roland - really talks A LOT! He's very nice and friendly otherwise, but likes to talk. That's not a problem as well. But you can sense that there's a "but" coming up... Yep... After tonight I'm almost hysterically terrified that I will not be able to REALLY have fun with those people. Ever. Yes, they're nice and funny (even the Germans [no offence, the German readers];) and we have quite good time together. But they all have the Western-European mentality here. In a word: kuradi rikkurid naisk! They have no idea how hobos and poor (that is cool) people are used to have parties. -> We go and buy as much cheap drink as possible in a shop; we find a nice place for a "picnic" and drink a lot and make jokes and then maybe go somewhere (dancing or getting more drinks or whatever). It seems to me that their idea of fun is sitting behind a glass of wine or a weed-joint and discussing social, political, religious or whatever-problems... And if they go out, they buy one utterly expensive drink in the club/pub and then dance. Geez! Give me a break!!! Rainar & Karl! Get over here as fast as possible! I am in a deep need for a good-old hobo party! No pubs and clubs, just us and Strasbourg à l'Estonie!!!
Speaking of which - it was so great to drive through the little village roads, when we were going to the restaurant, watching the sunset. It made me feel like fleeing; getting on the road, lifting my arm and just GOING somewhere again... Ahh. Guys! All my little hobod & parmud & punkarid & tudengid (it's all the same in the end;)! Today I realized how much I miss and love you!
Do me a favour: go to Laboratoorium or Estonia/Lollide mägi (anywhere in Tartu is also fine), take as much cheap beer as you can and just drink for my sake!!! You have the possibility. Use it goddamnit! And when you do, think about all the poor mislead and ignorant Europeans who don't know what is a "karutapja" nor have they ever heard of a "tshebureki kohvik" and why is it so good early in the mornings.
This post is written very spontaneously, but truly sincerely. I don't like rich Europeans. I want my poor Estonians back!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha-ha... you go girl! Funny reading this bit and even more funny to imagine.. all those people sitting round a big round table, covered with a white cloth, sipping their fancy drinks and going - bla-bla-bla, donc, bla bla bla parce que, bla bla bala alors bla bla bla... hehehe i say... Just don´t ever take over their habits. Today it`s heli`s party and i`m gonna grab a few beers 4U and remember all the happy days on our 'rohumättad' in different but equally 'hobo' locations.
Annu be good!
maiu