Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Beer-buddy

My plan did not work (what a surprise!). Instead of going to the movies we went to sit in a new-age cafe.. and hanging out alone in the city wasn't even closely fun. There are just too many weird men who think I'm really cute or whatever... Annoying! But that's not what I wanted to write about.

Marvin
I have a friend here now!! On Sunday we discovered with one of the German volunteers - Marvin - that we have a lot in common (annoyed by the same things/people; love for beer etc). He was very glad to discover that I actually DRINK, unlike most of the other girls here... So, yesterday we went to a shop and he bought a case of Kroenenburg (30 small bottles to be exact). And in the evening we sat in our so-called livingroom, watched TV, drank and talked. We drank all together half of what we got, which is pretty cool considering it was on Monday... A really great thing is that we can talk about anything: girls, guys, parties, sex, relationships etc etc. He's a fun guy and also very openminded, which I appreciate very much about people. And after I will get the time to write about all the people here, you will understand why we have so much fun (on account of some others) together.
He's a really great beer-buddy... At one moment he told me that I can be a good replacement for a guy here (because he's the only one), considering the way I love beer and so on (I take that as a compliment). And when I got the idea to keep all the empty bottles in a cupboard for our collection... oh, you should have seen his face! :D

No comments: