Thursday, October 14, 2004

I'm Addicted

I'm doing pretty good, thanks for asking! Never mind the weather (it's getting colder here).
This Tuesday I finally took together all my courage and went to talk to the coolest guy in school. He plays the Devil Stick very well and I told him I'd very much like to learn it too. So he let me try it a bit and promised to teach me some stuff. And I'll teach him Diabolo because there will soon be a huge juggling-diabolo atelier started by me and Steffi (huge because I heard that a lot of people are interested in it). And the same evening, one of the students showed me the trick for juggling with three balls, which I thought I could never possibly learn. But inspired by the starting atelier I took myself together and practiced, practiced, practiced and - believe it or not - I'm starting to get it! Now I'm addicted to the balls (besides my Diabolo), plus I discovered that they have the whole circus equipment here with balls, diabolos, devil sticks, other juggling stuff and an unicycle (!). And I'm going to learn how to use all of them!!! I think that this is it - the purpose of my voluntary year, not some youthwork-blah or filmmaking with lousy programs (that one I'd rather do when I get back home) :)
Yesterday evening all the animators were invited to Olivier's place for a friendly dinner. It was lots of fun because most of the guys I work with are really great. We ate some typical Alsacian food and drank a lot, talked and laughed. Keiko was pretty drunk by the end of the evening and Steffi was laughing non stop (I just love the way she laughs - it's so funny and catching). That made everyone else laugh too, so all of us had abdominal cramps and tears bursting from eyes about every two minutes. We should do these things more often! It seems to me that we're all starting to get along better and Strasbourg is becoming homier to me. And that is a good thing.
Today I got a package from home, which means stuff (I love stuff:) AND - Tiina candies!!! Jay! If I'm lucky, I'll get one more package tomorrow and that one is even better, cause it contains nothing less than Saku Originaal! I can't wait to even just hold it in my hands... Mmmm...
And after one week we will have the school vacation! And that's just the best thing ever because I'll finally get to rest a bit, which will definitely not mean sleeping and doing nothing. I'd rather say it is promising to be an active recreation - meeting people combined with maybe some traveling and drinking and definitely party-party-party! :D Sounds pretty damn nice to me.

Here's a little question to my dear readers: at some point I will have to make a traditional Estonian meal for the other volunteers here (we already had Chinese, German and Spanish). Give me some easy-tasty-cheap ideas please! Desert is mandatory!

And the song that might be actual at the moment is Smilers "Sinust ma mööda ei saa" but from the other gender's point of view ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can make some "kama",let somebody to send you some packs of "kama";)
vastlaepäeva cuisines are good,but most of them are Russian food.Estonian Christmas meals are impossible to make in France and they are not too good aslo.So if you find,make some porrige,Anna will love forevahhhh;)
have nice time!
Rebeka.

Anonymous said...

Tee mulgiputru! Kruupe peaks prantsuse tervisepoodides ikka müügil olema./? Aga peki asemel pane praeliha, siis on lootust, et keegi sööb oma taldriku tühjaks ka. Ja kui teie seas on taimetoitlasi (nagunii on, just tulin Hollandist, see on täielik taimekate auk, jube, see on õudne, nad ei meeldi mulle üldse!), siis nendele mõeldes pane lihakauss lihtsalt pudrupoti kõrvale.
Vastlakukkel pole ju vene päritolu toit! Hernesupp ka mitte. Ja kartulipuder hakklihakastmega on minu meelest ka rahvustoit. Võib-olla mitte põline, aga ülilevinud ikka.