Sunday, October 10, 2004

I don't want to say anything mean, but...

Remember I mentioned about Anna being boring? Man was I wrong! I'd rather say ignorant, stuffy, inficete, nerd-pedant who just REALLY needs to loosen up a bit, stop thinking, trying to be nice (perfect even) and start living. Ah, hell! She just seriously needs to get laid :D
She's become the new subject for me and Marvin since the stupidity of Keiko is not all that amusing any more... Anna is so moral, boring, way too nice, boring, naive and did I mention boring! She's nineteen years old and has no idea of life. When we were having dinner together she didn't know how to eat shrimp nor what is soya sauce (that's just a crime for a person who's trying to be healthy). She didn't know what's tango like or what is the point of yoga. She always asks these annoyingly stupid questions like: "Yoga is a part of Buddhism, so can I do it if my religion is different? I guess God will forgive me, or what do you think?" or: "Would it be normal if I would kiss a guy that I don't really know and don't want a relationship with?".
Anna is the reason why I'm beginning to see what Xavier ment by the "German sence of humour". So far, the people I've met have contradicted the general belief, but her... A few days ago she said: "I often make jokes, but somehow noone laughs? I wonder why. It's probably because of the language..." Ha-hah! I had to really clench my teeth not to laugh and say that it's just cause she's German :D
She hasn't done anything in her life; it seems as if she's just lived in a cocoon of wellbeing; dreaming of clouds, flowers and unicorns. I have no idea how she got here, considering her inexistent level of independence! I suspect that her plan was to get away from home and throughout the year become a new person - from noone to someone. And she's trying so hard! She is a healthfreak ("you shouldn't eat junk food!"); a nature-saver ("don't waste so much water while washing dishes!"); a nerd ("do you need any help?"); a religious-wannabe (see the Buddhism-part) and a veeeery moral good little girl. But it is obvious that she's sometimes helplessly trying to change, to be a "bad girl": using inappropriate swearwords, going to parties, considering kissing random guys (omg!) etc - I know a cry for help when I see one.
In September she fell in love with some guitar playing guy, they met on her first EVS session, so now she's trying to learn how to play it too. Which basically consists of her playing the same song (Portishead "Roads") over and over and OVER again. It seems just so absurd that she has no idea of anything related to guys: she has asked Marvin for "manly advice", sort of confided into him, telling about her inexperience. Things like: "what's kissing like?" or "what's it like to be in a relationship?"... She has never even been to a nightclub and once she asked me if I could do her make-up sometimes before going out 'cause she - surprisingly enough - doesn't know how to. She probably had never even tasted alcohol before coming here... The poor child!
Sounds unbelievable? It is! And very disturbing too. But today she conclusively put herself into my "black list". Here's why: I got back from my night trip at about 11AM, tired and headachking, dreaming of a few peaceful hours in bed. As soon as my head touched the pillow she started practicing her violin and although she plays it better than the guitar, repeating the same damn thing 57 times and playing the same notes for 2,5 hours is tedious even without a hangover! Any ideas on what to do with her?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, it seems like life is tough after all... the Anna is scary. maybe you should introduce her to skinheads, it might be in her blood - it would be a wonderous makeover, from 'the girl next door' to the 'i'll beat you up if you look me in the eye' skingirl. her parents would be happy ;-)
That would be pretty loose, huh?
She might even kiss 'a random skin' you never know... that would be something. Maybe she needs some practice with marvin beforehand (hehe). Or yeah, enlighten Keiko on that part ( ma olen õel).
Need mittepungid tunduvad õudsad. st täiesti vale seltskond, sest kui nad ainult joovad, siis what's the point? kultuuritu tarbimine, mis juba eesti puhul üle viskas. At least they should have some principals or sth? right?
German sense of humour is perhaps the best examle of something nonexcistant.
BTW you have 734 visitors on the page ;-)
maiu (are we living in a postmodern age?)

Anonymous said...

üks-kaks-kolm!
"tekstianalüüs!"
"tere chungin, muide aleks tervitab! ahaaa... sa ei tea, kes ta on jah?"
"muid´ugi tean...eee.......eeeee... see on seee... noh, see seksikas tüdruk"
"ja teadki"
"metatekstid, intratekstid, mida sina õpid?"
(sosinal) "inglise filoloogiat, esimesel"
(mingi teine usupäss)"jah, kuulda oli..."
"no davaika siis, näeb"
pime tiigitänav on tore, aga pime tiigitänav chinginiga toredam, ja tal pidavat ka fännklubi olema ;-)
maiu reporting from taru