Saturday, June 19, 2004

The Smilers


Smilers Family
Smilers is the best Estonian band in the whole world!!
I fell in love with the music from the first time I saw them live and that was already five years ago. But it's not just the music that I love so much, it's the gigs and the people and the whole concept of feeling good, letting the music take hold of you... The Smilers is far more than just a band, they are all individuals, very talented and fun to be with, but also (depending on the circumstances of course) my friends.
Two days ago was my so-called goodbye-concert because I'm leaving Estonia.. who knows when will be the next time I'll be able to see them perform again. And although I've seen them live 101 times (seriously, no exaggerations!) I still feel sad. Every concert is always unique, I'll miss seeing them for sure. To be honest - I fear for my sanity because 2-3 months has been the longest time ever of not seeing them and by the end of that my hands used to start shaking, so...
I'm addicted, what can I do. I believe "smileholic" is the right word to call myself :) But don't judge me before you haven't seen them perform live!!
I don't mind that during all the years their music has transformed into more popish version of rock, that many great (best?) musicians have come and gone and that the leader of the band is sometimes a bit more presuming than necessary, I just love The Smilers too much to mind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have CD "Suure surmaga läbi elu";) Aha! i'm from Poland. greeting 4 u. Martyna