Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Back In Paris

My first destination, as soon as I took my heavy bag to Eeva's place was - bien sur - Montmartre. The circus shop, to be exact... After getting (almost) all the necessary items, I ran around the small streets, looking for all the familiar places: where we celebrated getting our diabolos and did a small depressionism-graffity (which was gone, unfortunately); the corner of Marco's birthday and the garden that we used as a toilet :) All such wonderful memories, too bad that I'm all alone this time..
In the evening Eeva invited me to her friend's place for a dinner. It was in a cool apartment with a view on half of Paris (including the flashing Tour Eiffel), our company talked in half French, half Estonian. Anyway, it was great to see how people live in Paris. I must admit that at the beginning of my arrival I wasn't at all sure if I wanted to live here any more - it's all so huge and noisy and full of curious people. I guess I've got too used to the peaceful village-life in Strasbourg. After one day here I decided that I wouldn't mind living here for a while. In the end - this is The City of Central Europe!
This morning I had some difficulties finding motivation to get up and out. But beer did the thing: I went to Eevas work (which is the Estonian embassy, situated right next to Champs Elysées) because they had some Estonian beer left from their Christmas party. Then I decided to go and see a photo exhibition, but it was closed when I got there (never try to visit museums on Mondays ans Tuesdays!). Of course Eeva had given me instructions for more museums to see, but I gave up on that one and headed towards "our place of enlightenment" - Centre Pompidou. As soon as I got there, a nice bohemian-looking guy stepped up to me to promote some D.I.Y. books. His description sounded very interesting, so I bought one of the books, even though it's in French. The museum of modern art was most naturally closed as well, so all there was left to do was shopping. I remembered from the last time that all the coolest shops (and not too expensive) were around Pompidou and Les Halles and I was right! Of course, even if I would have had lots of money I wouldn't have shopped my brains out there, but it was nice to look around either way. There were a lot of piercing&tattoo shops with very pierced/tattooed salesguys; there were a lot of shirts with "anarchy" or "Nirvana" signs (woo-hoo); there were too many hip-hop/skater stores selling too large trousers and huge shoelaces. The most fascinatng shop I found was Doc Marten's where the customers could get some cool adjustments done to their new boots for a little extra money. Actually too much money, considering that any more or less artistic person could do it themselves.
*Some ideas for boot-owners: take an extra pair of boot laces (recommendably in cool colour) and tie them around the back of your boots, attaching them to the front laces. You can also use your imagination and attach different cloth (in the store they had different pieces sewn together, which looked pretty good) to the side of a boot, again using another pair of laces (just make enough holes in the cloth). Plus there is always the possibility to pull some strechy material over or tie things around the boots. It changes a bit their appearance and makes an old boring boot look more flashy, stylish and almost as new. I hope the tips were useful, just don't start doing these things for money!*
We all know how much energy shopping takes, so by the evening I was feeling quite tired and frozen. But sitting in the subway I decided to still go and see the Eiffel tower - purely out of guilt. I made my compulsory photos and sat down on a park bench to drink a bottle of A Le Coq when suddenly it started flashing again: the whole tower is covered with lights that nictitate like crazy assholes all over the place. I don't reccomend this sight to people with epilepsy! For some time I watched that huge christmastree syndrome from the reflection on my beer bottle, but soon I got too cold and bored, so I left as quickly as possible.
Now I am back in the a bit uheated but comfy Eeva's place. Tomorrow morning I will take my huge backpack and get on a bus to spend there a whole great day (24h), but I guess seeing Lisbon is worth all the suffering. Until next revisions, salut from Paris!
Smilers "Kõrvuni sees"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ma lugesin nüüd teist korda läbi selle saabaste ilustamise õpetuse. Ei saanud ikka midagi aru. Mitte, et ma praegusel külmal ajal oma raudninnusid jalga paneks, aga ikkagi. Ehk saad siia selle õpetuse veidi selgemalt, pikemalt ja eesti keeles kirjutada.
Tänudega,
H.

Anastasia said...

ok, kui tõesti on huvi, ma siis yritan uuesti ja paremini kirjeldada. tegelt peab seda ise nägema, sest no ei saa nii kirjeldada aga noh...
yhesõnaga seal poes kasutati dekoreerimiseks põhiliselt saapapaelu, aga no ma leidsin et kõiksugused paelad, nöörid ja ketid ajavad kah asja väga hästi ära.
kõige lihtsam trikk: võtad suvalise peala (A) ja seod selle nagu tavaliselt saapapaelu seotakse, ainult saapa tagant, mitte eest. ja ei kasuta mitte auke selle läbiajamiseks vaid orig saapapaelu (B) (A ajad B tagant läbi noh). improvise...
teine lihtne võte: mingi veniv materjal (tykk vanu (võrk)sukki vm) aja saapa otsa, tee sisse paar ilusat auku ja asi korras. võid osades kohtades orig paelad siduda riide pealt läbi aukude jne...
ja seal poes tehti veel nii: neil olid erinevatest kitsastest riideribadest (u 2cm laiad ja nats erineva pikkusega) kokku õmmeldud tykid, mis kuju poolest sobisid saapa kyljele panemiseks. yhelt poolt kinnitati tykk orig paleltega (ajad saapapaela läbi aukude riide sees ja seod nagu tavaliselt) ja teiselt poolt (e siis u saapa tagumise keskjoone juurest, kus riidetykk lõppes) kinnitati see taaskord suvalise paelaga: endiselt risti-systeemiga sidudes, ajades paela läbi aukude riide sees ja orig paelte tagant.
oeh. loodetavasti said nyyd midagi aru. kahjuks ei ole kuskilt võtta illustreerivat materjali, aga no sa kunstiinimene, kyll midagi välja mõtled ;)