Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I'm going, going....

It's time to start packing again. I'll be gone already in a week. And that's a hell of a scary thought. Because I have no idea where I'm going (besides the unhelpful fact that it's Strasbourg) or what I'll be doing there or with whom... All I can do for now is work out worst case scenarios: everyone knows each other by the time I'll get there; the German girl I'll be sharing my apartment with got the only good room; she and everyone else there can't speak English; I will surely forget to take something really important; my work will be awful; I'll never learn French; I won't make any friends; I'll discover that Strasbourg is a boring and pointless little town; there is no liquorice-flavored ice cream and by the time I get back to Estonia, all of my friends will have forgotten me...
Sounds nice, doesn't it? Yep, though I'm quite sure I left a few things out and it will actually be much worse.
So, here I am - panicking and wondering what will the future bring. But who cares, cause in the end it doesn't matter. Nothing matters. Life sucks anyway, wherther I'm going to Strasbourg or not...
In the meanwhile, listen to this: Noir Désir "Lazy"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey my dearest princess anastasia,
don´t be afraid and what ever you do DON´T PANIC, just remember the teddy flying in the clear and blue sky... thatś how we´ll all end up anyway... flowing.
and no, you won´t be forgotten, you´ll forget about us, because you´ll get a room with a view and learn the most perfect French and make new beutiful French and German and who knows what nationality friends. C´mon depressionism is here, and it needs to grow into the happy Depressionism! life sucks, that`s true, but isn`t that what it`s all about anyway? realize and use, laugh with God and don´t be the one laughed over.
And hey, you can always run away and stay under my bed in Tartu ;-)
c u tomorrow
the best filologist ever - Maiu

Anonymous said...

heihei